Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Floor Pillow

I found a tutorial to make these floor pillows HERE at Living With Punks. Since this was a trial run I just used some sheets I found at Salvation Army. I made two and my kids love them. I think they need to be stuffed a little tighter and they look lumpy but I think that is because the material I used is thin. Probably if I used decorator fabric the lumps from the stuffing would not show up as much. The 4 year old girl that I watch everyday wants me to make her a skirt out of the striped material. The stripes are totally her and I will post a photo when I get it done. :)


1 comment:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Your pillow turned out totally cute!!

When you do get to go shopping at IKEA, watch for sales. In Connecticut, our IKEA had sales every year in May - one entire line of fabric would be put on sale for $1 a yard! Maybe $2 a yard. Still, it was $6-$9 fabric. Two years ago, it was a cotton line that I used to make curtains for my entire house. Last year, it was this canvas that I used for my pouf. Thinking I was going to take the plunge and sell aprons at a local craft fair, I bought 30 YARDS of it! (Of course, I then got pregnant, had a baby, and was out of town for the craft fair. Now I have lot of pretty canvas. ;-))