Thursday, July 22, 2010

New "old" furniture for Gracies Room



The headboard came from Goodwill and it was $24.99, the posts and top part are wood and the center is laminated wood. It is a very heavy piece and is stamped "Made in America" on the back - you rarely see that statement anymore! I forgot to take a before photo but trust me, it looks much better painted antique white. The dresser I got about 5 years ago at a garage sale for 20 bucks and it has been setting in Grace's closet and it was funky blue color with red painted knobs - quite ugly. And finally the mirror above the dresser is something I picked up at a garage sale about 16 years ago for $5.00. I'm not an expert at painting furniture but I am learning fast and even though some of the paint bubbled when I put the protective coating on - I was able to fix it somewhat and I think it came out pretty good for a first try.


No comments: