This is the best Peanut Butter Cookie recipe that I have found. It has a great PB taste and the cookies are soft and chewy not hard.
2 sticks butter (1 cup) - softened to room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted) I usually don't sift.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on a medium to
low speed until light and fluffy.
2) Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in flour,
baking soda and salt.
3) Roll dough into approximately 1- 1/2 in balls and place on a cookie sheet
lined with parchment paper. Place about 2 inches apart.
4) Dip a fork into sugar and flatten each ball in a criss-cross pattern.
5) Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. I bake just until the bottom of the
cookies become a light brown.
I also like to add chocolate chip "chunks" to the dough and then you would just roll into balls and bake and do not flatten.